Rates & Insurance
Insurance & Rates
Advanced Trauma Recovery & Mental Healthcare accepts many plans under Aetna, Optima/Sentara Health Plans, Optum, and United Healthcare. We also serve private pay clients.
For clients paying out of pocket, standard individual therapy session fees can range from $120-$240, depending upon type and length of session.
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your insurance provider to verify how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services.
We would recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
We accept all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Notice of Good Faith Estimates
Under the law, health care organizations need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services. You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your health care will cost.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, prescription drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Make sure your health care organization gives you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your medical service or item. You can also ask your health care organization, and any other organization you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an item or service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill.
- Make sure to save a copy of your Good Faith Estimate.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 1-800-985-3059.